whatidoWhat I LikeWritingSimple Living

Friday, July 19, 2013

Chocolate Banana "Pudding", Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free


I really, really wanted something chocolate, but I didn't want the sugar that usually comes with it. And, while I'm a fan of deep, dark chocolate -- I'm talking 80 percent, dark as midnight, make your mouth pucker dark chocolate -- I wanted a dessert and not just a piece of chocolate.



This recipe is a work in progress. By progress I mean this is the first time I made it and I already want to make a couple of tweaks. I'm not a chef or a cook, although I read their books and blogs, so I may be missing something that will take this to a new level. Whatever happens in the future, it still has to stay as simple and fast to make as this version. If you're looking for a quick chocolate fix, satisfying dessert, don't like your chocolate too sweet, want something fairly healthy, and you like pudding, this will fit the bill. And it's easy to adjust any way you like.

Chocolate Banana "Pudding", Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free
serves 4

Ingredients

3 medium bananas
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree it. That's it. You may want to add just one tablespoon of almond milk at first if you want a thicker consistency. I refrigerated it for an hour before eating, and added strawberries and blueberries for taste and extra nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment